Lists. Oh how I enjoy making lists! Grocery list. Christmas list. New baby stuff list. Menu list. Event planning list. Wedding checklist. Prayer list. List of goals and plans. And so on. So I thought, why not make a list of the best memories I’ve had?
Now, where do I begin? Let me start with my memories as a kid:
- When my childhood best friend Mary Ann Alvarez told me they were moving to another city, we started writing letters to each other even before they moved out! She is now married and has two kids.
- At age 9 or 10, I learned to ride a bike and a week after, I grazed my left knee pretty badly.
- I really loved the oatmeal my older brother Edward makes on cold, rainy days.
- Being an 80’s kid, I grew up watching Sharon Cuneta films. I would memorize lines from specific scenes from her movies and redo the scenes with my younger sister Joanna.
- I went on a trip to Albay with my mom when I was eight. Highlights: Mayon volcano and Cagsawa Church ruins
- My Lola Agnes took me to Baguio when I was six. All I could remember was Burnham Park.
- I had a lot of fun going to kiddie birthday parties because of the games. It was Stop Dance, Paper Dance, Trip to Jerusalem, Pabitin(Filipinos haven’t heard of pinatas back then), Pukpok Palayok and Paagaw ng Barya every time. At the end of every party, I always wonder why they never slice the birthday cake!